Search This Blog
Saturday, November 6, 2010
The Battle of the Billionaires
In this story, the population of India is being compared to the population of China. They talk about India's population and you have to wonder...who really cares about the India vs. China populations. I care about this topic, and I think people should care because most of our world is ending up being Chinese or Indian. The story says how because of India's fertility it is just going to keep growing throughout the 21st century. For China on the other hand, the have an enforced law limiting families to only have one child. With this law getting in the way of China's fertility, India with surpass China's birth rate exceedingly. I think it is wrong in a way for governments to force families to have smaller families. I think it's wrong because most people in the world don't want to have only one child. Although the rate for Chinese women used to be six children, I don't think it was fair to drop it from six to one. I think it would have been more fair if they made the rate two or three children. In the way where I think it's sort of fair is that, at least I know that I don't want the whole world by the end of this century to consist of Indians and Chinese people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment